Stock Photo Gallery

Friday, August 8, 2008

the longest fishing portrait exposure



This is one of my favourite photos. I have taken it long time ago, February 2006 and to be honest with you I'm not even sure I consciously wanted to achieve this look. It was one of those successful "mistakes" that turned into a great image. I was using rear curtain flash sync and program mode, it was before the A, S or M era, I was still struck on P. The camera decided that the right exposure time was 3 seconds and here I go, shoot!
The fish is a Giant African Threadfin, we were hammering them on the mouth of the Iguela Lagoon, in Gabon. The sun was already below the horizon but the blue sky was waiting for my lucky shot. The fisherman is my good friend Mario, a great guy from Gran Canaria and keen photographer himself.

No comments: