Stock Photo Gallery

Monday, December 13, 2010

Yellow daisy shot using a Orbis Ring Flash in the background and a Lumiquest Softbox III as main light





Today I had to take some studio shots and at the end of the session I stole one of my wife's flowers and had some fun. While taking some pictures of it with the Orbis Ring Flash I had the idea of using that very light modifier as a background, centering the flower in the black hole that is commonly used to stick the lens.
The how-to... Lumiquest Softbox III
on camera left, Orbis Ring Flash
as background

I adjusted the camera on the tripod to have the flower exactly in the middle of the black hole and did few test shots. The ide was cool but I needed an extra light to bring up the flower a bit. All that backlight couldn't do it by itself.
So I added an extra SB800 with a Lumiquest Softbox III and..voilá

No comments: