Stock Photo Gallery

Friday, September 26, 2008

Tungsten WB and CTO Gels

I finally managed to try the tungsten WB setting matched with a CTO gel during a fishing trip. I red about it some time ago in one of Scott Kelby's book and found more information in http://www.strobist.com/ but never really put it into practice for good. The opportunity came during a very early morning fishing session in the Strait of Gibraltar, south of Spain. I was there with my friend Francisco Martínez in his game boat, chasing the Bonitos (Sarda sarda) with top water plugs. Unfortunately, due to the wind I couldn't use any of the soft umbrellas I had with me, and the light is a bit harsh, but I like the final result, even though, being the first one, it can sure be improved.
Nikon D80, Sigma 10-20. Manual exposure, f 6,3 x 1/30 sec. Iso 200. Center weighted.

1 comment:

José Gomes Torres said...

Hi Nicola!
I like your blog! I have folloied a little bit your work in the area of lure fishing with artificial lures, in foruns, videos, Caranx...
I wait to continue to see good photos here of fishing trips!
Good work and congratulations for the space!
GT